Tampa Leads Florida in DUI Convictions
According to the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles’ 2010 DUI Statistics, Tampa Florida leads all cities with the most DUI convictions.
For the year 2010 and comparing the Florida DUI Convictions in the large Florida Counties, Tamp tops the list with 982 more DUI convictions than the next closest city, Miami. Tampa has a conviction rate for DUI of 1 person in every 103 as compared to Miami with a conviction rate of 1 person in every 175 or Jacksonville with a conviction rate of 1 person in every 369. This is a staggering conviction rate and quite possibly the best evidence as to why you should hire an experienced DUI attorney to defend your rights.
- Hillsborough County (Tampa) – 3,256
- Miami-Dade – (Miami) – 2,274
- Duval County – (Jacksonvile Area) – 2,222
- Pinellas County (St Petersburg) – 1,824
- Palm Beach County (West Palm Beach) – 1,561
- Orange County (Orlando) – 1,383
- Brevard County (Melbourne) – 1,072
- Broward County (Fort Lauderdale) – 985
|St. Petersburg city||
|Fort Lauderdale city||
|Port St. Lucie city||
|Pembroke Pines city||
|Cape Coral city||
|Coral Springs city||
|Miami Gardens city||
|Palm Bay city||
|West Palm Beach city|
The Populations of Florida Cities were utilized, as complied by the US Census Bureau in 2010, when calculating the conviction rates contained in this article.